Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 4 - RSS

What do you like about RSS and newsreaders? I like that RSS and newsreaders give me instant access to information that interests me. I can subscribe to blogs I want and access them all in one place.

What sites did you select for your RSS reader? For my RSS reader I selected:
  1. ABC NEWS: Top Stories
  2. NYT - Books
  3. NYT - Fashion & Style
  4. SMH - Travel
  5. Powerhouse Museum - Photo of the Day

How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your work? This type of technology might be able to be used in my work as a way of keeping staff up to date on what is happening in the organisation but also to keep them up to date on new books and trends in libraries.


How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology? again libraries can take advantages of RSS by using it to keep patrons up to date on their library. They can also use it as a means of keeping themselves up to date on the latest news, books and trends or as a tool for their patrons to provide feedback and connect with the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment